Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Am Empowered!

I remember as a child I truly thought I could change the world. Of course, back then, I romaticized being an adult and assumed that adults could control everything more effectively than a child could. It didn't take me long to realize how wrong I was. Over the years I learned that you can't control your circumstances at all. Things happen! Jobs get lost, money gets tight, people get sick, couples break up. Theses are the times when we feel most helpless.

It's easy to huff and puff and blame the world for how it wronged you. But if you do that you never grow. True power is facing difficult situations with a positive attitude! This is when you truly grow. I have been witnessing some "growth" going on around me lately and it has caused me to take a step back and realize that, though I can't control what happens to me, I can control how I respond to it.

I am going to put this into practice. My hope is that by approaching tough situations with a positive outlook, I can help at least one person do that same, and it will have a ripple effect down the line.

In other words, I am still trying to change the world!

No comments: