Thursday, July 9, 2009

Two posts in one week! WOW!

In the spirit of being brutally honest about my life with seven children....I thought I would start off with 10 confessions.

1. As much as I love to fake it, I am not nor will I ever be Supermom. If you show up and my house is clean, it's only because I saw you pull up in the driveway and I shoved the toys, trash, and eight loads of laundry in the oven!

2. No matter how much I smile at the supermarket with my family, I am probably one step away from going postal on my kiddos.

3. I am naturally lazy. If there is a way to get my house clean, kids fed, pets cleaned up after from the comfort of my desk chair (playing on facebook, of course) I will find it!

4. I procrastinate A LOT! I will look at and plan a project for days (or longer) if I can get away with it. No matter how small the project. Unfortunately this bites me in the butt at holidays and other special occasions. I make a hundred totally wonderful plans and then keep figuring I'll do them tomorrow. Before I know it it's April of the next year and I didn't do any of it!

5. I have an extremely short attention span. If I see an idea that looks interesting I am totally on the bandwagon...for about a week! Then it's back to procrastination and laziness! To combat this, I need to be kept in check and held accountable! This is why I workout with hubby and belong to a homeschooling group!

6. I have a wonderful sense of adventure.....but it is always followed by logic and doubt. For instance if I hear someone talking about how great it is where they live, I am ready to pack up and move at a moment's notice. But if given just a nanosecond longer to think about it I talk myself out of it. It drives my kids crazy!

7. I love my family more than I could ever imagine and always will. But there are days I don't like one or all of them very much.

8. I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up!

9. Even though technically we are dealing with it now with a couple of the kids....I dread dealing with puberty!

10. As much as I swore I would never do it, I let the dvd player babysit my kids occasionally. That's at least an hour and a half to actually finish a thought.

I'll be back soon with more to share!

Love and hugs!
Mary

1 comment:

~Just Me said...

Did you climb into my head? You and I could be twins. Of course I quit the homeschooling cause it was the only way I could stop myself from going totally insane!

I could have written EVERYthing you just did and meant it 100%