Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Been a while but things are looking up ;)

Well, it's been a while since I have posted. I am just gonna go with my regular excuse of "please just hang with me as I have a bunch of kids and life is just nuts as usual!" In all honesty I probably could have blogged but by the time I get it all sorted out in my head something new is going on that makes the last thing obsolete not to mention I suffer from an extremely short attention span (not a good thing if you have seven children that homeschool, btw)...but anyway!

Ashleigh is on the mend, she got the cast off two weeks after it went on and she has about two weeks of recovery left before the doctor gives her the go ahead for pretty much everything. Deep down I think she misses the attention that the cast brought.

We are trying to get back into the swing of school. We finished our pioneer study and are moving onto reptiles next. The kids saw Jurassic Park and that started the topic of dinosaurs, so I am gonna jump on the dinosaur bandwagon and make it educational!

The temps are rising and I am doing my best to make a dollar stretch around here, another side effect of having a bunch of kids is REALLY testing the elasticity of a dollar! Chad's work seems to be picking up a bit so I am doing my best to get back on top of the finances. That icky recession was really starting to kick our rears! But I am working on it.

So I am going to try to be better about blogging. I get questions all the time about how I "do it" with seven kids. I think I am going to address them here. There's really no science to it, you just do what you can with what GOD gives you.

So if anyone has any topics they would like me to address, feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best. Don't be shy either, I will honestly try to address any topic you'd like.

Love and hugs,

Mary

No comments: