Friday, January 16, 2009

Yes I know....It's been a long time!

I know I am a bad blogger! Been neglecting it yet again! I read other moms' blogs religiously and I am seriously jealous that they can complete a thought let alone get it out there in cyberspace! So I am gonna have to give you all the cliffs notes version of what's been going on around here.

Thanksgiving was great, had the fam over and once again made way too much food. Chad's mom brought over her WII and that kept the adults entertained while the kids snuck tastes out of the deserts. Christmas came and went, again with too much food and spoiled kiddos but still wonderful (will be posting pics later as they are all downloaded to Chad's puter and I really don't want to drag it out right now).

We had a quiet New Year, the kids spent the evening watching movies until just before midnight I went looking to see who was still awake. The youngest three had crashed but the oldest four came out to watch the ball drop, get new year hugs and kisses and head off to bed. I know we lead and exciting and glamorous life, don't we?

New Year's day the guys decided to cut down the rest of the tree that fell on the neighbor's roof a few months ago. After trying for months to find someone to loan him a chainsaw that was big enough, he bit the bullet and bought one. Unfortunately, part of the fence did not survive the lumberjack encounter. So my handy dandy hubby will be trying his hand at masonry next. YAY!

My family has joined a gym. I am fed up with how out of shape I am! I would post before and after pics, but frankly, I don't have the guts! lol. So you all will just have to wait for the after pics, because I am sure when those are taken I will be far more eager to share!

I know a few are laughing at my attempt to get into shape (I am one of the most anti workout people I know!) but I am serious about it! Since December 31st there hasn't been one day I haven't been on the treadmill for at least an hour a day, and I have hit the gym 5 out of seven days every week. They have chilcare there and a place for the older kids to hang out so Chad and I can go in together. Long story short I am out of excuses!!!!

Anyway I will try to be better about posting in the future,

until then,

love and hugs,

Mary

1 comment:

~Just Me said...

Glad to see you are blogging again!