Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Second blog in a week! Go Me!

It's been a bit of an overwhelming week so far.  I've been putting together our school plans for the year.  You would think I would be a pro at this considering how long I've been doing this, but it's still a struggle every single year!  Halfway through my oldest daughter's, I hit a snag.  She'd hoped to finish out her senior year early.  By early I had thought she'd meant before May of next year, but she'd hoped to be done by Christmas.  I don't know how our wires got crossed, but it created some drama in the house for about a day.  I have a guideline I want to work from this year to help her get all she requires for college, but she's eager to get the ball rolling on the rest of her life.

I can't help but smile at her sense of urgency. At her age, six months seems like an eternity!  I remember being 17 and feeling the slow ticking away of time.  I thought the day would never come that I would get my license, get a job, or move out.  Now it feels like time moves so quickly, I blink, and another year passes, birthdays, holidays and seasons roll by and I'm left wondering how I missed it all.

We worked out a reasonable compromise.  Her school plan is done and she knows what is required of her.  She can graduate early if she likes, but it's up to her to put in the extra work to make it happen.  It won't be easy and she might miss out on some fun stuff in the process, but she has to decide what is most important for her.






No comments: