Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sleep deprivation

I have another confession. I love to read! If I have a few hours of quiet time I WILL end up with my nose in a book! Sometimes it's inconvenient loving to read as much as I do. I tend to want to finish the story right away. If I begin reading before bed, it is likely I will not put the book down until the story is over, whether it's a 200 page book or an 800 page book!

Chad thinks I am insane for this. He will wake up around 3 am and focus on me long enough to roll his eyes, then he just rolls over and leaves me to my book. He knows it's inevitable. Books are both blessings and curses to me!

Why is this on my mind today? Because I stayed up until after three reading, last night. Then I woke up at seven to frantic screaming that Nathan's stomach hurt. I am sure you can all guess what happened next!

I guess as far as addictions go this one is pretty low down on the radar. I don't have many horrible habits (although if you asked the family they might rate my anal retentiveness and nagging as horrible habits!) and as far as I can tell my lack of will power for books seems to only hurt me in the long run.

;)

Love and hugs,

Mary

No comments: