Thursday, May 21, 2009

The insurance company's idea of "totalled"





I may be ignorant, but there is no way I think that this truck is totalled. Bent? Yes....Needs work? Yes...Unsuitable to repair and someday drive again? NO!

The explanation that they gave was that since cars aren't selling, parts cost three times as much no as they did when we bought the truck. Darn...the bad economy rears it's ugly head in our lives once again!

Still no word on how much they are going to pay for it, still no police report and still no rental. We are in a holding pattern here just waiting for word. Chad is down about his truck but seems to be coming to terms with the idea that he has absolutely no control of the outcome here. It feels like things are more calm these days.

But waiting is hard!

Love and Hugs,

Mary

1 comment:

~Just Me said...

What insurace company do you use? I want to make sure never to use them! When I had my van totaled, I had a rental car in 4 hours and a check in hand in 2 days. We use State Farm.

~Just Me