Monday, December 10, 2007






This week we celebrated Aidan's 3rd birthday! I think he had a good time- got lots of new toys and ate way too much cake! I am downloading more birthday pics to my album so feel free to check them out.
This week Nay nay went potty for the first time in the big boy potty!!!!! Potty training here we come!!!!!!
The house is almost finished, got the new furniture set up in the living room and it really came together nicely. I hope to have the office finished this week then we can start on cleaning out the garage and finishing the back yard. I see a big garage sale in our future!!!
Not much more to tell, kids are all fine and driving us crazy(as usual-lol). Chad has planted himself in front of the t.v. where he plans to hibernate in front of football games all day . Oh well, I guess every once in a while the guy deserves a break!lol
Love and Hugs to all!
Mary


Entry for September 03, 2005
Today I made a deal with the older kids--if they behaved in the morning while I straightened the house, they could watch a movie in the disaster of a living room while their dad slept. This served two purposes, they had to keep the house clean all morning and help to entertain the lil ones, and they get really quiet so Dad can sleep. So as I speak Mary Poppins is playing in my ear (may never get "spoonful of sugar" out of my head!)
The younger ones were not quite so compliant. Yesterday they tore up Raven's mattress while they were supposed to be napping. Thank goodness I had a spare in the garage (thanks to freecycle!). Well today they decided they didn't like the new mattress either! I walked in to find pieces of it shredded on the floor! GEESH!
So I think it may be time for twin beds for the babies! They are growing soooo fast! It seems like the more kiddos you have the faster they outgrow things and it is bittersweet. I look forward to all their milestones to come but long for the days when they were snuggled on my lap.
Aside from that the other news is that Chad is leaving his second job. It has been really rough on him pulling back to back hours and we are all looking forward to a much better rested daddy-lol! Tonight will be his last night at the club.
Aside from that I am still keeping busy working on the house and such. I a hoping to find a way to supplement the family income without taking me away from the kiddos too much. Wish me luck.


Entry for September 02, 2005
I sit astounded at the aftermath of Katrina. I pray for those that are missing and displaced. As I am touched by the outpouring of grief and love by those who are or wish they could help, I am also saddened by the few who are choosing to lay blame on others and take advantage of such a desperate situation.
As a country we try to help other countries that are living in circumstances not unlike those of New Orleans and yet in the wake of our own despair we must throw up our hands and shake our heads. Unsure of where to begin rebuilding the heart of America. We watch in horror as people loot businesses and hurt one another. It is not the time for this, we must extend the helping hand to one another- find the part of ourselves that keeps the people in third world countries thriving and pushing past poverty, despair and disease. Are we really so spoiled that we can't look upon one another in consideration and kindness when we need to the most?
I fear that the worst has yet to come, weather experts are predicting more (and worse) storms headed our way. We may survive them, but I doubt that we can survive one another at the rate we are going.
Prayer+Love=Peace

Entry for August 27, 2005
Hello all,
Just thought I would start this and keep you all up to date on my chaotic life. For those who don't know I have seven monsters. Four are from my body and three were born in my heart--they are all loved. I will have been married for ten years in December to Chad.
We don't really follow society's rules too much in the way of the kids' education. I believe that the public school system is hindering the growth of individuals. I respect the underpaid and overworked teachers today but I think they have an impossible job to do. They must connect and reach 25+ children per day and help to make them grow into whatever they were meant to be. I can't imagine taking responsibility for one year of helping to mold a complete stranger, so I have decided that the best person to help my children find the doorways to their destiny is me!
Right now we are on a hiatus from formal lessons. We are in the midst of remodeling and that makes for poor concentration from the kids so we fill our days with "unconventional" learning (you'd be surprised how much the times tables improve after a few rousing games of triple yahtzee!)
Today the older kids had to run a mile for their Tae Kwon Do class. They are trying to earn the Physical Fitness Award. They both did well (even though poor Tristan lost his shoe once!) I was so proud when he threw it on and got right back up and ran with the kids! They are both doing well in karate, a few weeks ago they were both promoted to a white belt with a yellow stripe. I will take a picture soon to share.
As for Ashleigh and Mack, they are moving right along. Ashleigh's attention span has improved immensely and Mack can recognize and write the whole alphabet. They both know their numbers and can count to ten in Japanese and Spanish. Nathan is slowly making progress. He and Ashleigh both have had a recent doctor's appt. They both hav eheart murmurs and have been referred to a pediatric cardiologist (just in case) I will let everyone know the outcome of that visit.
And last but not least Ray Ray and A.J.! What can I say about them? They are so funny! Really growing up to be great kids. Having been raised together they kind of have the twin thing going on. Ray's the the quiet inrovert who is always planning and A.J. is the let's do it now and deal with the consequences later kid. We are constantly laughing at their antics. They are both lovable and sweet and their smiles make our day!
That is all for now, hopefully I will have time to post often and keep you all up to date.
Squishy Hugs!

No comments: